It is what it is and today was tough! This was the final event modified a little bit from this years Reebok-CrossFit Games. Everyone did great today! Watch the video below, pay extra attention to the “Manimal” Patrick Barber as he comes from behind to win the WOD! They didn’t run at the end either!
3 part workout
20 calorie Row
30 Wallball Shots, 20/14 14/10 10/6
20 Toes to bar
30 Box jumps, 24/22 22/20 20 step ups
20 Sumo-deadlit high-pull, 70/53 53/35 35/20
20 Shoulder to overhead, 135/95 115/75 95/55
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in Three minutes of:
Rest 1 min
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in Six minutes of:
Okay everyone! It’s just over 6 weeks away until FGB6, more details about the event will be coming as we get info. But we are hoping to have a HUGE event for this. I don’t want to make any promises but the more involved all of you are, the greater the event will be! So here what you need to do! They couldn’t of made signing up for FGB6 any easier. Click the “Join our team” button in the FGB banner on the right side of the webpage, and sign in with your Facebook account and you are good to go. You can share on your FB wall, send text messages, & emails to everyone you know for donations! Remember YOU MUST raise $150 dollars to participate in the event. If you don’t raise the money you will be expected to come up with the difference if you wish to participate. By signing up and raising $150 you also will get a tshirt from FGB, they are always really nice. For the first time, if you raise $500, FGB6 will send you a hoodie! And finally as a gym if we raise more than $5,000 they will give us a banner to hang in our gym! It’s easy to get excited with all the swag, but lets not forget why we are raising this money. It’s for people that through their sacrifices to protect us now need our help. Take a second to remember the men and women who everyday are putting their lives on the line for all of us. It’s only 17 minutes of pain for us. This year the event will benefit Camp Patriot, so lets give it our best attempt!
Registration is easy & it takes less then 4 minutes and so 3-2-1 GO! Register!
Every Saturday at FOCF from August 5th – September 9th we will do a different version of FGB! We need YOU ALL to design a FGB “like” workout, YOU program it, YOU name it! So get to thinking and come up with the best floor sprawling workout for everyone to do. We will choose one to use every Saturday, from those YOU will all vote and we will crown one workout the “FOCF Fight”. Please leave your ideas below in a comment, you have until this Thursday, August 4th to get your ideas in!
August 1st is tomorrow and so starts our “Attendance Challenge”! And with that some changes to the workout schedules. We will now be offering alternate class options. These class will replace the normal WOD class times but this means more variety to your workout options. CrossFit isn’t just about MetCons it’s about becoming the best athlete you can. This mean that all areas of fitness need to be encouraged. We will know be offering class focused on; Endurance, Olympic Lifting & Strength, SealWODs. We are hoping also to be able to offer Yoga classes once a week, this is till being worked out though and details will be released when more is known.
Remember that additional classes during the month of August are only $12! So if you are out of your membership workouts you can purchase extra classes. If after the month of August you are interested in increasing your membership please let one of the coaches know and we can explain your options. We hope that everyone enjoys the increased options and that you all come away with interest in other areas of CrossFit and that you all become better because of it!
It really just comes down to integrity. Freddy Camacho CrossFit Athlete and Owner of CrossFit One Worldexplains the simple little secret that everyone forget about improving at CrossFit in his article on SicFit.com. Do the workouts how they are intended. Full range of motion! You don’t think this matters? Why do you think CrossFit sets it standards so high? The standards are there for a reason not only for the games and competition but because these ranges of motion are important from a biomechanics perspectives too. If you aren’t squatting low enough you aren’t going to incorporate your glutes and hamstrings to the party and you’ll wonder why your thighs are so much more sore than everyone else who is complaining about their gluteus maximuses! Here’s Freddy’s 5 Tips to make you a better CrossFitter:
1. Know what “full range of motion” means. Learn that first, then finish reading the rest of this post.
2. Concentrate more. Stop getting WOD drunk. Slow down a bit in your training and pay closer attention to your movement. Remember that you have to walk before you can run.
3. Have someone watch your movement and call you out on it when you suck. Make sure that you get someone who isn’t afraid to tell you that you suck. Make sure that you can handle being told that you suck. If you can’t handle being told you suck, you suck so please don’t compete.
4. Buy a cheap video camera and film your workouts. I train a lot by myself, so I do this all the time. It’s eye opening to watch your workout after you are done. I always armchair quarterback myself. It’s a great way to see your movement, and it’s an even better way to learn about what you are and are not capable of when you start to fatigue. This is one of the ways I learned how to more efficiently strategize my workouts.
5. Don’t try and PR every workout, and don’t treat every workout like it is a competition. I’m not saying that you should NEVER go balls to the wall, I am just saying don’t do it day in and day out. Not only will your movement get better, you’ll be less prone to injury. It’s also an easy way to avoid CrossFit burnout. Yes, there is such a thing as CrossFit burnout. If you haven’t experienced it yet, you haven’t been CrossFitting that long.