“Meat, and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar!”
Alright it’s time to get health everyone! You had your fun this weekend with Neolithic foods, now it’s time to work you all into a Paleo Lifestyle. Remember this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change for a healthier you. Diets are meant to be broken. We want you to change how you think about food and ultimately stick with it for life. But we wont make you quit cold turkey so we are going to ween you off the food that has you in it’s grasp and into food that fuel your body for these workouts and lean you out to your optimal weight.
Week 1: No sugar – no means no. Look at the label if sugar, evaporated can juice, dextrose, sucrose, corn syrup etc is on the label then it’s off limits. This includes artificial sweeteners & gum.
How does the scoring work? –
1 Point daily for each of the following:
*Each Day of Eating Strict based on weeks rules and keeping a journal
- Crossfitting @ least 2 days per week (use your free Saturdays)
- Sleeping 8+ hours per Night
- Before and After Picture (must be done to qualify for prize)
- Against white wall in swim suit
- 5 bonus points for recommended reading
- Alcohol is a -2 points/day
Each Saturday you will post your points in the comments section of the recipe post.
If you do not post your points, you will get a ZERO!
If weight loss is a goal for you – remember your Carb Intake levels: Men – <50gm/day Women – <30gm/day
- The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain
- The Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain
- Enter the Zone by Barry Sears
- Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto
- Nutrition Food Log – Since we are all going to write down what we eat and hold ourselves accountable
- Zone Food Guide – How much is 1 block of _______?
- Shopping Guide – Helpful ideas for a shopping list
- Workout Journal – Need more pages in your Success Journal? Here’s the Workout Journal.
- Google.com – look for easy paleo recipes online
Download your score sheet here
Here is a recipe to get you started!
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups raw, unsalted nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped herbs of your choice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup cooking oil of your choice (not vegetable oil) (olive oil best)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Finely grind nuts in food processor, but don’t grind them so long that they turn into paste. Combine the ground nuts with the chopped herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly beat raw eggs in large bowl. Dip chicken cutlets in the egg wash and coat both sides with the nut mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, about five minutes a side.
- Top with avocado slices before serving.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can get Almond Meal at Yokes, this would work good too
- Choose different meats, pork would be an excellent option as well.
- Mix up your herbs, get creative – it will all taste good