May 8, 2012
Skill: one legged squats
“Individual event 1”
21-15-9 reps of
Handstand push ups
This flavorful, dairy-free and gluten-free dish is a great way to use leftover chicken and bacon (if you have that kind of self-control) and get your veggies, too.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and chopped
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Olive oil or bacon fat for sautéing
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Steam over boiling water for about 12 minutes, until it florets are tender but not mushy. (Note: this is a good time to cook up your chicken and bacon if you haven’t already.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Heat frying pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil or bacon fat and red peppers. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes longer. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into ¾ inch chunks and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chile powder, chipotle powder, cumin, and salt until well blended. Stir in red pepper mixture, chicken chunks, crumbled bacon, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until heated through and the top is golden brown.