What is better?
One perfect rep or 10 ugly reps? The Governator, Arnold Schwartzenegger, is rumored to have said, but no one can confirm or deny it now, that “one rep, perfectly performed, is more valuable than 10 reps performed without thought.”
So do we all just quit CrossFit and do 1RM all the time now, but do them right? That would save us alot of unnecessary pain and suffering! That would be to simple and there is more then likely a better way to look at it. That would be focus on THIS rep! The one you are about to do, make that perfect, then make the next perfect. Don’t focus on the larger issue, focus on that which you can control at the moment. That weight does what you tell it to do, make it do what you want. Form is CrossFit should be on the forefront of everyone’s mind, as form is the only way to maximize intensity! And correct form decreases injury, don’t let the clock dictate whether or not your reps are valuable!
- 10 Handstand push-ups/ Box HSPU
- 20 Wall ball shots, 20/14 14/10 10/6 all to 10′ target
- 30 Toes-to-bar K2E K2C
- 40 Power cleans, 135/95 115/75 95/55
- 50 Burpees
- 60 Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75/55 65/45 55/35
AM:Clock starts with 1 mile run
- 1 mile run then
- 5 rounds of
- 5 Front Squats 155/105 125/75 95/45
- 7 Burpees
- 50 pullups
- Run (SS Thu, 3S Sun or T/TT): 2-6 x 1000m, rest 2:00-3:00, hold within 3-5 seconds
Home work is 5k TT at 90%
- P + (P x (1 – E)) = G
- P = fastest time for the distance. Convert to seconds.
- E = Desired effort level in decimal form (90% = .90)
- G = Goal time in seconds
Baseline: ROM Drills. Run 800M, then 21 – 15 – 9 Wall Ball, Burpees
Strength: 10 – 8 – 6 – 4 – 3 – 3 – 3 – 3 Back Squat
Stamina: Chipper: 15 x BS @ 90% 3RM, 200M walking lunge, Hip Mobility Drill
Work Capacity: on the minute, for 20 minutes:
3 x Power Clean(135#)
6 x SDHP (70# / 55# Kettle Bell)
9 x Plyo Box Jumps (24 / 20″)
Durability: 1 mile recovery run. 100 x 4-ct flutter kicks. 100 x good mornings. Active Stretch or Yoga.