FGB 5 – Thank you
Well FGB 5 has come and gone now, and I want to thank everyone that gave every last ounce of effort on Saturday! We had people that did this workout for the first time and those who are well versed in the way of FGB. PR’s were set by everyone and we have new scores to be beaten next year. The people who were able to come to this workout weren’t doing it for themselves on Saturday they were doing it for the men and women who have given it all, and who still continue to give it there all day in and day out. Whether it’s battling cancer, dealing with the loss of a loved one or the loss of a limb. Wounded Warrior Project, LIVESTRONG & CrossFit Foundation are three organization that help make lives easier for people battling these obstacles in life. And for 17 min the members of FOCF put there heart and soul out on the floor in this workout. It was a great effort by all and I’m proud of everyone. FallOut CrossFit effort for FGB last year was dwarfed by the efforts this year. And while it may not be record setting fund raising efforts, as a CrossFit community – we have raise over $1.3 million! And the checks keep pouring in for all over. You have until October 1st to get all the donation in. Everyone that competed in the event on Saturday will be receiving a FGB t-shirt also. Thanks again for everything that you guys did to make this day special.
FOCF Raised $3,985 – THANK YOU!
The Workout is as Follows: 1 min at each station continuous clock, 1 min rest between rounds. 3 rounds total.
- Wall-ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
- Sumo deadlift high-pull (Reps)
- Box jump (Reps)
- Push-press (Reps)
- Row (Calories)
There were four divisions :
- Class A: Standard Men = 75lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 20lb wall- ball and 20 inch box jump
- Class B: Modified Men/Standard Women = 55lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 14lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump
- Class C: Intermediate = 35lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 10lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump (step ups are okay)
- Class D: Beginner/Kids = 18lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 6lb wall-ball (can be lowered to 8 foot target) and 20 inch Step Ups