Week 1 Done
You made it! Hopefully everyone made it, but if you aren’t yet conviced that you can go with out sugar, congratulations you get to keep trying for the next 7 weeks! Here is also more information on the different types of sugars and why they are and will forever be bad for you: The Definitive Guide to Sugar. I’m sure by now some of you have already noticed a tip in the scale. This will keep happening if you can stay on task.You are all doing great keep it up!
WEEK 2 RULES: No Dairy – this means no: milk, creamer, chesse, butter, the cows get to keep what they work so hard to make. Why dairy you ask? Well there are many reasons and we’ll go into more detail in our next Paleo Seminar but for now these are the rules. Most dairy that people consume is corn fed, and full of hormones and pesticides, pasteurized and homogenized. All bad stuff. If we had a good glass of raw grass fed milk, a glass now and then may not be the worst thing in the world. But what about our calcium? Oh if calcium was as big a problem that people make it out to be why is it that America and Europe, who happen to be the biggest milk drinkers and calcium supplementers, have the highest rates of osteoporosis? More on this later this week though. Good luck everyone on Week 2!
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT ON YOUR WEEKS POINTS!
Recipe: Hash (no recipe required)
- Rules for a good morning breakfast hash
- Must have Protein: turkey, chicken, beef, pork, salmon, eggs etc
- Carb: Can be any veggie. Crunchy fruits work great, apples, pears, dried fruit, also sweet potatoes, & yams.
- Fat: Olive oil, coconut oil, nuts
- BE CREATIVE AND IT WILL TASTE GOOD!
- Works great for leftovers – just chop up some stuff and throw it in a pan, taste great and it’s fast and easy!
- Chicken Apple Sausage (good buy at Costco, no sugar)
- 1/4 Sweet Potato (pre-cooked)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Apple
- Fried egg to top
WU: (More like 1st WOD)
- 3 rounds
- 300 single unders
- 50 situps
- 50 supermans
WOD: 2k row, rest the time it took you to row 1st 2K, row 2K again!