Jennifer Lawrence of CF Northwest Tucson, whose husband’s a firefighter and whose rig responded to the call, programmed a WOD for Wednesday – “Christina”. And today we did this workout in rememberance of those lost in this tragedy. There were 6 people killed, one of whom was 9 year old Christina Taylor Green, who was, coincidentally, born on 9/11/2001. She was featured in a book called “Faces of Hope” that chronicled one baby from each state born on that day, the impact was sadly both direct and permanent. Thank you for everyone that was able to make it to today’s workout.
We also had a workout for some of the newer members & visitors to do which is also listed below. But I would like to welcome our newest member; Cris, Yesenia, & Sissy (aka Jamie). Welcome to FOCF!
WorkOut A: Partner WOD 20min AMRAP
- 1 person runs 800m (400m modified)
- 2nd person does: 20 squats, 15 situps, 10 push ups
- 1 round = both members completing each work set
WorkOut B: Christina
AMRAP 20 min
- 9 pullups
- 9 squat cleans 135/95 & 95/65
- 9 KBS 70/53 & 53/35
- 9 Toes to Bar (Knee to chest)
- 9 push press 135/95 & 95/65
- 9 burpees