Congratulations on completing 4 weeks of the Paleo diet! We spent the last four weeks slowing removing foods and replacing them with the stuff our body needs to run the way it’s suppose to and now that we have gotten to a paleo eating lifestyle we are going to continue it for the next 4 weeks. I hope that you are looking forward to the new you and all of the good foods that you will be eating along the way. Has anyone found and great recipes that they have to share? Any tips that you have discovered that made your transition easier? For those that are still on board thanks for hanging in there you’re doing great. And those that are still on the fence with this whole Paleo thing reach out to once of your fellow members that are paleo and learn how they did it. You will be surprised at your performance in the gym, as it will sky rocket! Check out this recipe and share your own.
- 4 Anaheim chilies
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1 can organic diced stewed tomatoes
- 1 small can organic tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- olive oil
- Place chicken breast in oven & bake at 350 for about 40 min with can of stewed tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, a pinch of cayenne and some salt and pepper.
- Roast chilies directly on the barbeque, until all skins are black. Once done remove from burner place them in a paper bag and close tightly. Let sit for 10 min then remove from bag and peel off skin.
- Slice each pepper down the side and remove seeds and veins, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add chopped onion
- Separate whites from yellow of eggs and beat whites with electric mixer until they form stiff peaks. Fold in 1 egg yolk into batter
- Chop or shed chicken into small pieces, then mix with onion.
- Pre heat saucepan and add more oil. Take roasted and de seeded chile and dip into egg batter, cook on all sides in same pan you used to cook onions in. Each side with take a min or two and should turn golden brown. let sit on paper towel to cool, then stuff with chicken mixture.
- When all peppers are stuffed, place then in baking dish and bake for additional 20 min at 350*.
- Make red sauce with half can tomato paste, enough water or broth to make sauce consistency, add 1 tbs cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Top chiles with sauce and serve with homemade guacamole