Remember to bring your friends into the gym as there is only little over a week left for free workouts. Be sure to bring them on August 31st, the last day for free workouts. Except this is also the day that we will be having the preliminaries for our Helen Challenge. Also there will be another prize for people with FGB IV also. With that here are the details for both!
FallOut CrossFit Helen Challenge:
21 Kettlebell Swings
**THIS CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO ALL LEVELS**
The CHALLENGE: How FAST are you AND how much can you IMPROVE in 8 weeks?
Qualifying Day: Monday August 31st – All Classes
Finals Day: Monday October 26th
Entry Fee: $20
Prize: 1st 2nd 3rd place price win part of the pot!
Winner: Prizes for both most improvement and fastest times!
Prelims: August 31st, All Classes
Finals: October 26th
|Men’s Categories||Women’s Categories|
|Beginner 35lb kettlebell,
2x jumping pullups
|Beginner 20lb kettlebell,
2x jumping pullups
|Intermediate 45lb kettlebell,
|Intermediate 35lb kettlebell,
2x jumping pullups
|Advanced 55lb kettlebell,
|Advanced 35lb kettlebell,
How the Challenge Works
1. GET REGISTERED – get your name on the list and pay the $20 entry.
2. SET YOUR BASELINE – August 31st is the prelims. Set your baseline “Helen” time. This will be the time off of which we will calculate your improvement.
3. TRAIN – CrossFit for 4 weeks with the intention of improving your “Helen” time.
4. SHOW UP for the FINALS – October 26th. Go for YOUR best “Helen” time!
** PRIZES will be awarded for:
¨ Most improvement – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in women’s and men’s divisions.
¨ Fastest times – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in women’s and men’s advanced divisions.
– You must choose the category you are going to compete in and STAY in that category for the finals
– Only full range of motion reps will count! This mean KB over head and head thru, and chin over bar. These reps will be judged. No cheating.
– You must be signed up for a membership in order to be eligible for prizes.
– Rankings for TIME:
o There will be one master list ranking participants based on time
o Your TIME rank will be based on your performance within your category.
o Categories will be listed in the order Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner. This means that all Advanced category finishers will be ranked above all the Intermediate category finishers, who will be ranked above all Beginner category finishers.
o For example, if you compete in the intermediate category, the best ranking you can have is one below the lowest in the advanced category. So if there are 6 people in the advanced category, your ranking, if you are the fastest intermediate, is #7.
– Rankings for IMPROVEMENT:
o There will be one master list ranking participants on percentage improvement.
o This list is NOT categorized. Your category has no bearing on where you finish on this list.
o For example, if you compete in the intermediate category, and you have the highest percentage of overall improvement, you would be ranked #1.
Fight Gone Bad IV:
OKAY! So this needs to be big, and you guys are the ticket! So, yesterday I’m sure you all noticed that I printed out some donation forms, and a form that gives a description of what the heck this thing is. Thanks to Joey for putting that together! There will be two prizes awarded. Bigger emphasis on new clients.
- Everyone put there name in the upper right hand corner on the back of the information sheet.
- Tell people to bring this into the gym with them, when they come in for FGB
- The person who get the most people signed up for a membership in the month of Septemeber will receive $250 (must be atleast #5 – 1 year memberships)
- The person who brings in the largest donations – receives one free month of membership and a free t-shirt (when we get them)
Everyone get out there and recruit! We want to be to capacity!!
|Level III||Level II||Level I|
|400m run||400m run||200m run|
|135/95 Thrusters x 10||95/55 Thrusters x 10||55/35 Thrusters x 10|